Friday, September 22, 2023

Dawn Running - Email #1 - Welcome

Hey there,

This is Dawn Pederson from Dawn Running and the Running By Dawn Podcast.  Thank you so much for joining this new mailing list.  I'm excited to be able to connect with you more directly and share some thoughts with you.

First off, if you haven't already done so, check out the new Podcast episode released today, Episode 32 - I See Blue.  I hope you enjoy it!  In this episode, I talked about shuffling, but just briefly.  Let's look at that a little more.  This concept can be useful when getting up to a run, but most of our running  should be at a run, not a shuffle.  This video from Jeff Galloway demonstrates the difference between a run and a shuffle.  If you've been shuffling along, practice some more running as you transition to better form, and a quicker pace.  Shuffling can only get you so far (and so fast), so moving into a run is crucial as you continue progressing as a runner.  

We talked about shuffling briefly at a Cross-Country practice this week.  One of my kids who has definitely been shuffling along for all his Middle School years, took it to heart, claimed he is the "expert shuffler", and immediately started working on his form changing it from a shuffle to a run.  I'm excited to see how this will help him in the weeks, months, and years to come.

Thanks for allowing me to pop into your inbox every now and then.  I appreciate your valuable time.  If you ever have any running questions, feel free to respond to this email and I'll try and address them in an upcoming podcast episode or on these emails.

Thanks,
Dawn Pederson
Dawn Running and the Running by Dawn Podcast


P.S. If you would like to receive these emails each week to your inbox, you can- join my mailing list!  Just sent a quick email to dawnpedersonruns@gmail.com with the title "Email List" and I'll add you to my list.  Emails feature upcoming podcast episodes, running tips, upcoming coaching services and products, and more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, so please keep it family-friendly if you want your comment to be published.

Dawn Running - Email #2 - Fall Leaves

Hey Listener, First off, I wanted to make sure you didn't miss the last two episodes. Ep. 33: Hi, I'm Lost .  Sit down and relax for...